on February 5, 2016
We’ve compiled all the information you need to know about Nationwide homeowners insurance here. We are not affiliated with Nationwide–just working to bring you the inside scoop. If you’re interested in opening a policy with this company, read up its the pros, cons, discounts, and more before you get a quote.
What do you want to know more about?
- The Pros And Cons of Nationwide Home Insurance
- If Nationwide Offers Coverage Near You
- Nationwide Discounts
- How Nationwide Ranks In The Industry
- Where Nationwide is Most Popular
- What Customers Think About Nationwide
- Our Favorite Nationwide Features
What are the benefits?
Brand New Belongings® is a Nationwide initiative that will replace your stuff with brand new items if they’re damaged or stolen. A lot of companies only replace items for the depreciated value, so this will ensure that you’re not stuck with only partial coverage for expensive items. It’s something to consider on top of a quote from Nationwide Insurance.
- Plenti Partnership. Plenti is a rewards card that gives you points and discounts when you use it at participating stores. Nationwide is the only insurer with this partnership and ability to give you cash back!
- 95% Customer Satisfaction. 95% of customers would recommend Nationwide home insurance to someone they know. Aside from USAA, we haven’t seen numbers like this with any other insurance companies.
What are the downsides?
- Limited Coverage. Nationwide isn’t available in every state which is a bummer if you like them as a company, and can’t buy a policy.
Where it insures?
Nationwide is a national insurance company, but our research has found it does not offer home insurance in every state. For example, Nationwide works with Allied to provide home insurance in Florida. Click your state below to see what companies offer insurance in your state.
What are Nationwide discounts?
Want to see how you can save on a Nationwide homeowners insurance policy? Here’s how:
- Multi-Policy Discount (up to 20% off)
- Protective Device Discount (up to 15% off)
- Claims-Free Discount (up to 20% off)
- When House Was Built Discount (up to 30% off)
- 60-And-Older Discount (up to 15% off)
- Marital Status Discount (up to 5% off)
Ask about these discounts and others if you get a quote from Nationwide Insurance.
What are the industry rankings?
Industry rankings are an easy way to analyze how a company is doing based on customer satisfaction. Here is how Nationwide ranks with its customers.
JD Power uses customer feedback to rank companies on overall satisfaction. In a 2015 JD Power U.S. Household Insurance Study for Homeowners Insurance, Nationwide scored:
What are Nationwide’s most popular states?
Ever heard of “market share?” It’s a fancy word that means the percentage of customers a company has in a certain area compared to competitors. It’ll show you how popular a company is compared to other providers. Nationwide ranked as a top 10 provider for 30 states, and ranked in the top five in 12 of those. Based on market share, its most popular in Iowa, Delaware, West Virginia, North Carolina, and Virginia.
|Rank in State||Market Share Percent||Direct Premiums Written|
Get Your Rates Quote Now
Which states have the most Nationwide policies?
Based on policies sold, our research shows that if you live in one of these states, know that a lot of your neighbors probably have Nationwide homeowners insurance:
- Pennsylvania: 292,218 policies
- Texas: 251,199 policies
- California: 286,694 policies
- Ohio: 226,569 policies
- Virginia: 187,487 policies
Hear what customers think
Facts, figures, and quotes tell you a lot, but so do the real emotion and experience found in customer reviews.
“Simple to understand their homeowners policies and the way they state the different coverage plans they have.” – Daniel H.
“Nationwide’s customer service team always does everything the can to fix any issues.” – Stephan E.
What are the most popular features?
We found even more you might want to know about Nationwide before signing a policy. Here are some benefits the company offers:
- Modern Apps. Nationwide has an app that lets you manage your policy on-the-go. If you have a smart device, you can contact an insurance claim specialist, view your policy documents, and even pay your premium.
- On Your Side® claims service makes sure customers are treated like people and not policy numbers. It’s a company-wide initiative that makes agents put customer happiness first.
Nationwide Insurance opened its doors to Ohio farmers in 1926. They’ve grown leaps and bounds since then and are now on the Fortune 100 list. In addition to homeowners insurance, they also offer pet, auto, and more.
Compare to other popular home insurance companies to ensure Allstate is a fit.