Your RV doesn’t just hit the open road. It also protects you and your family while you’re on-the-go. At Obrella, we analyze RV insurance companies and work with National General Insurance, our trusted RV insurance partner, to provide you with the inside scoop for RV insurance so you know what you’re getting and what you’re not. Because at the end of the day, you should let us handle the complex insurance information, so you can get back to planning your RV adventures.
Five Questions to Ask When Shopping for RV Insurance
Making sure you are sufficiently covered is our main goal. We recommend you keep these questions in mind when comparing RV insurance companies:
- Is personal belongings coverage, to help protect my valuables inside of my RV, included?
- Is optional full replacement cost coverage included in case my RV is totaled or stolen?
- Is permanent attachments coverage included?
- Can I chose an emergency expense allowance to help cover food and lodging if I am stranded away from home?
- If my RV is my main home, does the company offer additional coverages and features for full-timers?
RV Insurance Personalized for You
Just like an RV, your insurance policy needs to fit your lifestyle. However, your recommended insurance coverage will depend on a number of things, including the type of RV you own. Here are some types of RVs that may require different coverage amounts.
- Class A Motorhome
- Class B Motorhome
- Class C Motorhome
- Travel Trailer
- Pop-up Camper
- Van Conversion
- Bus Conversion
- Fifth Wheel Trailer
- Airstream Trailer
This, along with how you use your RV, your driving record, and more are taken into consideration when personalizing your premium. In order to give you an accurate recommendation on coverage, RV insurance companies may use:
- Age of your RV: The newer, more expensive, and more customized RVs may have higher rates.
- Driving history: This includes previous claims, how much time you’ve spent behind the wheel of an RV, and prior traffic violations.
- Location RV will be parked: The state you register and domicile your RV, along with how you store your RV, varies by state.
- How often you use it and where you go: If you live in the RV and travel long distances, you’ll pay more than someone who only uses it a couple times a year for nearby travel.
Save On Your RV Insurance Rates
There’s always a way to save more when it comes to RV insurance. The best way to save is to:
1. Bundle: First and foremost, a multi-auto discount is often the largest discount available. Bundle your RV with your auto(s) and you can save hundreds.
2. Maintain a safe driving record: Get a discount if you don’t have any previous claims.
3. Pay in full: Many insurance agencies offer a discount if you pay your annual premium upfront instead of in monthly installments.
4. Taking a safety course: By taking a safety course in RV driving, you could save depending on the insurance company you choose.
5. Join an RV association: Register to be a part of a recognized RV association for a variety of insurance discounts.
6. Only pay for what you need: Call to talk with an insurance expert to get the best RV insurance quotes.
Turn To Obrella For Help Finding the Best RV Insurance Quotes
The insurance specialists at Obrella are here to help. Give an agent a call to discuss your RV insurance needs in-depth and compare affordable quotes so that we can help you find an RV insurance rate that fits your style and budget.
Before making any final decisions on your insurance company, it is important to learn as much as you can about your local insurance providers, and the coverages they offer. Call your local insurance agent to clear up any questions that you might have. Questions to consider asking include, “What is the best coverage plan for me/my family/my situation?” “What are the minimum coverage requirements in my state and what form of coverage do you recommend?” “Do you guys offer any bundle discounts if I take out both my auto insurance and home insurance with you?” and “What is the average rate of insurance quotes you guys offer?”
Before making any big insurance decisions, use our free tool to compare insurance quotes near you. It’s simple, just plug in your zip code and we’ll do the rest!